[BRLTTY] Udev Rules Update

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Sep 14 23:58:52 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Rob on 2016/09/14 at 22:10 -0500]

>> The brltty-wrapper script looks for the brltty executable by command search
>> path, so it depends on what that is on your system while it's booting.
>
>The path is correct, so it should be finding it.
>[root at newbean:~#] echo $PATH
>/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin

No. I meant that it depends on what the path is when udev runs brltty-wrapper.
That may not be the same thing.

>My only conclusion is that it is something to do with systemd. On my old style sysvinit system, the udev rules work fine.

No, it wont' be that. Try putting these lines into brltty-wrapper right
after (not before) the first (#!/bionsh) line:

   exec >>/tmp/brltty-wrapper.log 2>&1
   echo next run
   date
   set -x

Then, without rebooting, connect your braille device. The log should show us
what the script is doing.