[BRLTTY] Adding a dot display to tt driver

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Sep 20 15:19:05 EDT 2016

Christoph-Simon Senjak, on Tue 20 Sep 2016 20:41:55 +0200, wrote:
> On 20.09.2016 14:11, Dave Mielke wrote:
> >[quoted lines by Christoph-Simon Senjak on 2016/09/20 at 13:47 +0200]
> >
> >>I am using a terminal emulator.
> >
> >Do you mean that input (withotu curses) doesn't work at all, or that special
> >keys (e.g. the arrow keys) don't work but that typing characters (e.g. letters)
> >still does work?
>
> The special keys for help (F1), etc., do not work.

We need ncurses to get the codes for these keys right. Only plain text
keys can work without ncurses.

> What is typing other characters supposed to do?

Simulate pressing the corresponding key on the PC keyboard. But that can
only work when using the Linux screen driver or running xbrlapi. And of
course you risk getting a loop :) since the simulated keypress event
will probably go into the xterm where you are running the TTY braille
driver, and thus simulating it again, etc.

Samuel