[BRLTTY] BrlAPI Raw key code mode?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Aug 27 11:42:08 EDT 2017

Dave Mielke, on ven. 25 août 2017 17:27:45 -0400, wrote:
> [quoted lines by Shérab on 2017/08/25 at 22:47 +0200]
>
> >> Each client specifies which key ranges it'll handle. Those key ranges are for
> >> values derived from key table processing. In other words, key table processing
> >> occurs before determining which client should get any given key code, so key
> >> table processing is common to all clients. Perhaps I'm missing something, but,
> >> to me, that gets in the way of clients defining their own commands.
> >
> >Indeed. That's why I suggested to provide the keybindigns processing
> >code as a library. That way this could be done by each client and the
> >code would still be shared.
>
> I don't see how that'd work. If a client specifies raw key codes then it gets
> everything. That only allows for one client at a time. It also doesn't allow
> for xbrlapi to be running in order to handle input.

AIUI, an application which would use a different binding than the brltty
commands would have to be responsible. I.e. if it only supports a set of
key events, it should only request the brltty daemon to send these, and
let the daemon send others to other clients, if any, such as xbrlapi. If
the client really aims for completely controlling the device, it can do
so by claiming all key events.

Samuel