[BRLTTY] auth server refuses to start if built without polkit

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Thu Jul 6 14:46:15 EDT 2017

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> Sure, and my propsoed scheme doesn't lose tht at all. I never said we just try
> the first one. We go through them all in sequence, and, as soon as one works,
> we return its handle to the caller.

Ok, by "works" do you mean "initializes successfully"?  If so, then
we'll only have one auth descriptor throughout the life of the brlapi
server thread, and that'll be the first that was successfully
initialized.  If that method failed for some client, then there would be
no fallback.  Or maybe I'm failing to understand you, or failing to
understand something about the code.  I don't really know the brltty
codebase, but I do think I've got a grasp on how the auth stuff is
working.

-- Chris