[BRLTTY] Brltty woes on Centos 7

Keith Wessel keith at wessel.com
Thu Mar 2 17:20:16 EST 2017

Sadly, Dave, no progress. I can send you my modified service unit file if
you like.

It's odd that I first get the error about input/output error taking control
of the console then, a little later, I start getting the errors about short
packets. I did notice that, before those errors start appearing, for a few
seconds, the buttons on my braille display play the appropriate PCM sounds
even though the screen is not in text mode. I'm starting to wonder if
something else is grabbing a serial port. As far as I can tell, the box
isn't configured to start a serial console.

But it seems like two separate problems: first the console issue, then the
packet complaints in the log.

Thoughts?

I tried Adrian's service boot script, too, which is very similar to the one
packaged by RHEL with the brltty 4.5 RPM. I did leave out the line about
runlevel1.target (the rescue.target). I don't think that would make a
difference.

Keith