[BRLTTY] Brltty woes on Centos 7

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Mar 3 11:51:10 EST 2017

[quoted lines by Keith Wessel on 2017/03/02 at 22:33 -0600]

>With the screen driver logging patch in place, the error I now get looks
>like this:
>
>Mar 02 22:28:23 brltty[982]: console control error 5: fd=10 vt=1 op=0X5603:
>Input/output error
>
>Does that help at all?

Yes, very much so. Starting in brltty 5, the event loop (which is no longer a
loop) is interrupt driven. In your case, brltty is starting so early that the
Linux screen driver isn't able to find anything to grab onto in order to
monitor for changes to the screen. This is nothing that a simple scheduled
retry can't fix, so I'll definitely be looking into it. It's just an
unanticiapated situation.

As I recall, though, you were having a second problem, as well, which had
something to do with braille display communication. Would you mind to please
describe it again, and is your braille display connected via serial or USB?