[BRLTTY] FS: Alva Delphi 480 MM

Rob captinlogic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 12:55:58 EST 2017

I got this item from one of the buy and sell lists several years ago, and now it is time to pass it along. It has served me well despite its age.
This is an old Alva 80 cell display with serial and parallel port interfaces. I have only used the serial with BRLTTY on Linux and windows, so I don't know if the parallel ports work. There are two serial ports and both work.
All cells appear to be in good condition, except that dot 2 in cell 40 is stuck permanently up. Those with technical know how, or with access to someone who does, might be able to switch that cell for one of the five status cells on the far left. This would give you 80 perfect cells.
The item comes with a carrying case, the power cord, a serial/USB adapter, and, once it arrives, a 9 pin serial cable that I purchased new in order to sell this thing. If the buyer wishes, I can throw in a small flash drive that has the drivers for the serial to USB adapter, although they are easily findable on the internet for windows; and Linux handles it by default.
I am selling this thing for 530 dollars, which includes shipping. I originally purhcased it for 800 and it goes without saying that it was a heck of a lot more new. Paypal is preferred. If at all interested drop me a line and we can discuss it.