[BRLTTY] terminal control codes

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Nov 19 09:44:12 EST 2017

[quoted lines by Brian Tew on 2017/11/19 at 08:09 -0600]

>Is there any way to get rid of the escape sequences generated by most modern programs?
>I would like to learn emacs but the output is almost unreadable.

Most modern programs don't generate escape sequences. Those that manage a
text-mode screen in a pseudo-graphical way do, e.g. emacs, do, though. Those
escape sequences are for screen management and not at all for human
consumption. They're integral to how the program works but there's no point in
trying to understand them. To learn a program like Emacs, you need to pay
attention to how it manages the screen rather than intercept and try to
interpret those escape sequences.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |