[BRLTTY] brltty stops working after login on fedora 27

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Nov 20 17:50:36 EST 2017

[quoted lines by Barry Scott on 2017/11/20 at 19:36 +0000]

>Is this a problem that has a known fix?

I know of no problems with BRLTTY's Linux screen driver at the moment. So, no,
there'd be no known fix.

>Fedora is packaging brltty-5.5-8.fc27.x86_64.

That's our latest production release, so at least the latest code is being
used.

>There are a couple of trivia patches. One to fix an include path, the other
>for java.

Could you please send me them so that we can apply them?

>Nov 18 14:29:32 localhost.localdomain brltty[833]: console control error 5:
>fd=8 vt=1 op=0X5603: Input/output error

Please run brltty with these extra lines in brltty.conf (and, of course, send
me the log):

   log-file /path/to/logfile
   log-level debug,scrdrv

Is brltty running as root?

What happens if brltty is started (as root) after logging in? If you test this,
take care that the system brltty is stopped as two of them going after the same
device isn't a good idea.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |