[BRLTTY] Braille display hardware recommendations

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Mon Oct 9 02:23:45 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am far from being an expert so I hope others will complete.

I have a bit of experience with HumanWare and HandyTech. Contacts with
both manufacturers are good, for me.

I use HumanWare's Brailliant 40 daily and quite like its braille
display. It also has a braille keyboard which I don't find very easy to
use because the keys do not go down a lot when you press them.

This device does not have editing facilities built-in, though.

I also have a BrailleStar from HandyTech. It has curved cells and no
braille keyboard but I quite appreciate the contacts with the
manufacturer. With such a device you can embed a Raspberry Pi as Mario
did and that's in my opinion a very interesting aspect.

My not even two cents,

Shérab.