[BRLTTY] 5.6

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Sat Apr 7 14:00:16 EDT 2018

Mr Mielke,
I have found out The main cause of Brltty Bug. And it is not development
bug of Brltty for Android.
Simply, when I turn on The tablet by using fast reboot algorithm, Brltty
communicate for several milliseconds with Tieman Braille Voyager. But
after several hundreds of Milliseconds, android warning dialog window,
which force user to give Android permission to use this device with The
checkbox use for ever block Brltty from working. And this behaviour is
causing random Brltty crash, since Android block USB communication till
The moment, when user confirm The dialog Window.
So I will give it up, since app can not fight with Android operating
system. It is problem of Android 6.0, I will test it with newer Android.
The situation with connect / unconnect USB device is The similar.
Simply, Android want to confirm, that user will use this device and in
some cases, this dialog, which block Brltty from using USB device will
cause its crash.
So by other words, yours code is perfect, since It will not be easy to
test if Android 6.0 dialog have been appeared by using Uiautomator. It
is sad, that Lenovo will not release Android 7 upgrade for my tablet.
I have found perfect debugging solution for us. Professional solution
from Google developers. Android 6.0 developers option contain checkbox
add send bug report To The application shut down dialog. And after some
amount of time, Google algorithms prepare full debug log. There are even
some messages, which can not be fetched by using Logcat, such as addr
fault in specific application.
There are also many technical information about running device,
including swap size, memory size, blocked memory size and other useful
information.