[BRLTTY] Problems using ./configure --prefix to make brlty go to another folder.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Apr 11 10:31:32 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Anders Holmberg on 2018/04/11 at 16:11 +0200]

>when i was trying to install brltty 5.6 using ./configure —prefix=/sbin
>something went wrong and after make install there were only brltty 4.5 that
>started.

You're using an odd character before prefix=. Just in case that's one of your
problems, it should be two minus signs, i.e.: --prefix=

I think, though, that your main problem is misunderstanding how --prefix=
works. It specifies the top level of the whole hierarchy. I bet you now have a
complete brltty-5.6 hierarchy under /sbin/.

If you just want to specify that executables should go into /sbin/ then you
should be specifying: --bindir=/sbin

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |