[BRLTTY] question about windows 10 and brltty

Velegi István ivelegi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 05:11:51 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I am running latest windows 10 vv1709 and brltty latest build for windows.
I am having a braille lite m40 device which works with jaws but I can't
get it work with brltty and nvda.
As I use an usb  to serial adapter I checked the com port number of my
adapter.
Below I am copying the lines from brltty..conf.
braille-device serial:COM5
braille-driver bl    # BrailleLite
braille-parameters bl:BaudRate=9600 #
[300,600,1200,2400,4800,9600,19200,38400]
braille-parameters bl:KbEmu=yes # [yes,no]
I tried changing the driver to fs but no success.
I have also installed brlapi but it didn't help either. In nvda latest
snapshot version if I choose brltty as braille display I get error
saying "couldn't load brltty".

Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

Best regards,
Istvan