[BRLTTY] Slightly OT: cleaning and servicing of Baum SuperVario display

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Apr 21 21:26:25 EDT 2018

Dear BRLTTY users and developers,,

I have an old (circa 2005) Baum SuperVario 40 braille display that needs cleaning of the cells. As many of you may be aware, Baum is unfortunately under bankruptcy protection in Germany. I’m from Australia, but currently working on the east coast of the United States. Baum USA, however, closed earlier this year due to the financial difficulties of the parent company.

Are there any local experts in the U.S. who can clean this display? If not, I can certainly take it with me when I next visit Australia, or give it to family members when they visit me here, but having access to local support would be easier.