[BRLTTY] Translating unicode characters with brltty

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Feb 10 05:50:15 EST 2018

Hello,

Vikash Kesarwani, on sam. 10 févr. 2018 08:41:48 +0530, wrote:
> 1. I am unable to display unicode characters (hindi) on virtual terminal

You need to load a devanagari PSF font. I have however not seen one in the
usual console font packages, so you would probably have to convert one
or create it from scratch.

If you only care about being able to read it in braille and not actually
show it on the physical screen, we can easily create a dumb font to do
that.

> 2. How do I tell brltty to read unicode and translate.

That will "just work" once the font is set up correctly and you
configure brltty to use the hindi (hi) braille table (actually the
devanagari table).

Samuel