[BRLTTY] mlterm

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Wed Jan 24 00:35:42 EST 2018

Le 24/01/2018 à 04:41, Dave Mielke a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2018/01/23 at 22:06 +0100]
>
>> As an aside, Araki Ken, developer of mlterm, claims that mlterm-fb can
>> now interface itself to brltty. I have installed a recent version, but
>> have still to test this feature. Dave, are you aware of that?
>
> It looks like it's an X app - not a text-mode app. Is that correct?

No more.

I have to go back to sleep (6:20 AM here) but meanwhile you could have a look at
a few documents I have prepared:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/source/mlterm/README.Slint
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/source/mlterm/README.fb (*)

(*) this one adapted from what Araki Ken wrote.

In short, mlterm can be used in console mode (I didn't test that) as
with X, Wayland and a framebuffer.

I build it for X and frambuffer, cf:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/source/mlterm/mlterm.SlackBuild

> What I'd really like to find is a way to get at the Unicode characters within a
> text-mode framebuffer console. Then we'd be free of the restrictions imposed by
> the limitations of a VGA/EGA font.

mlterm-fb should do it, if I understand well.

I will soon release a new Slint ISO that will have it and should be
fully accessible with speech and braille using a console, a framebuffer
with mlterm, and graphical environments, you could test it then.

Best,

Didier