[BRLTTY] cannot build latest development code

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Jan 26 09:56:20 EST 2018

Dave Mielke, on ven. 26 janv. 2018 09:46:49 -0500, wrote:
> [quoted lines by John Covici on 2018/01/26 at 01:59 -0500]
> >OK, its still not in the ncurses library -- here is where I found it.
>
> I guess intrflush() got moved into libtinfgo, then. That's a bit silly since it
> has nothing to do with terminfo and everythng to do with curses.

On Debian systems, libncursesw.so is actually a linker script that
pulls libtinfo:

  INPUT(libncursesw.so.5 -ltinfo)

That was done as part of passing --with-termlib to ./configure which
splits out tinfo functions from libncurses to libtinfo.  I guess gentoo
started to use that option (it's not the default) without thinking about
putting such compatibility link script in place.

Samuel