[BRLTTY] Release 5.6 will be soon - please test.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jan 27 20:27:21 EST 2018

[quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2018/01/27 at 20:15 +0100]

>I have built a package for Slint64-14.2.1 with no issue and will request
>testing it on the orca and blinux mailing lists.

Thanks.

>Could you please highlight the prominent new features and enhancements for end
>users, so they know what to test beyond "it works"?

First: I really am looking for "it works" insofar as each braille driver is
concerned. In other words, one thing I'd like to be sure of is that none of the
braille drivers has been inadvertently broken.

Cursor routing has undergone a change so that it handles status line updates
and vertical screen scrolling better. Giving cursor routing a good workout
would, therefore, be very much appreciated.

The Track Screen Scroll setting has been added to the Navigation submenu. When
it's enabled, the braille display follows the current line as it scrolls up the
screen. An alert tuen is played when the current line scrolls up.

The Word Wrap setting has been added to the Navigation submenu. When it's
enableed, panning forward/backward wraps the braille display content between
words rather than wherever the end/start of the braille display happens to
land. This applies to when a contraction table isn't being used because
contracted braille processing already wraps on word boundaries.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |