[BRLTTY] Rocker Switches

wmichaelb at fuse.net wmichaelb at fuse.net
Fri Jul 20 20:01:13 EDT 2018

I'm still having difficulty trying to swap the functions of the rocker switches
on a PowerBraille 80. I've installed Debian Linux 9.4, and I used the Debian
apt tool to install brltty from the debian repository;
running the brltty command yields a version of 5.4.
1.) I opened
/etc/brltty/Input/ts/pb80.ktb
with nano, and found five lines:
title Power Braille 80
assign routingRight1 81
assign routingRight2 82
assign routingRight3 79
include pb_large.kti
Neither I nor my friend understands what these entries refer to,
and none mentions a rocker switch. What parameters should I
change to reverse the rocker bar settings? Since I'm seven hours from
his home in Chicago at the moment and could not connect a PB80
to test or access the preferences file to see if that preference was there,
2.) I tried looking in /var/lib/brltty, but did not find brltty.prefs at all.
Typing PREFMENU without the PowerBraille connected yields an
error message: "No such command"
3.) Also, to insure that the PB80 display starts at boot, I added the lines
braille-driver ts
braille-device serial:ttyS0
to /etc/brltty.conf. Then, per another entry in the documentation, I
edited /etc/default/brltty as follows:
ARGUMENTS="-q -b ts -d /dev/ttyS0"
Am I correct in assuming that these changes will automatically
start brltty at boot?
Thanks again for all your support.