[BRLTTY] Starting Orca on Fedora.

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jun 4 12:38:39 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Jaroslav Skarvada on 2018/06/04 at 11:57 -0400]

>Are you able to use tty6, or is it also unavailable? This one should work
>special way

I didn't explicitly try tty6. I now have plymouth.enable=0 on the kernel
command line, so the problem is no longer occurring., but I can remove it if
you'd really like me to check.

The real problem seems to be that gdm isn't telling plymouth to quit until it
(gdm) detects a monitor. With plymouth not running, it's evident that gdm's
wait for the monitor isn't, in and of itself, delaying the gettys. I think the
real problem is that plymouth holds onto the whole console so the gettys either
can't access it or can't be seen.

My personal opinion is that plymouth should quit right when gdm starts to run.
If the monitor isn't connected and turned on then no one will be looking at its
screen anyway so why not just get plyouth out of the way immediately and free
up the console for regular use.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |