[BRLTTY] Brltty for Android crashing on my RCA Viking Pro Tablet

Henk Abma henk.abma at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 09:54:16 EDT 2018

quoted lines by Siena Trigiani on 2018/06/10 at 02:07 -0400]

>I am able to access the Brltty Actions Menu via the Notification Shade,
>however when I try to view the user guide, view community messages or
>post a message to the community forum, Brltty crashes and I get the
>following error
>message: "Unfortunately, Brltty has stopped." I'm wondering what might
>be causing this issue, and if there is anything I might be able to do
>on my end to fix it?

I'm not sure and don't like guessing. Are you able to install the Android
SDK on your computer, and then use the adb command to get a copy of your
tablet's system log? If you can, then please send it privately directly to
me. You should never post a system log publicly because there may be things
in it that no one else should see.

One could also just install the platform-tools as explained by this article:
https://www.androidauthority.com/google-adb-fastboot-platform-tools-standalo
ne-download-741582/
So you don't need the entire SDK just to capture a log file from your
device.

With kind regards,

Henk.