[BRLTTY] Brltty beep on android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jun 23 10:26:01 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by payman shaykhmehdi on 2018/06/23 at 13:20 +0430]

>Every time I hit a key on my braille device, a beep sound is played. Is it
>normal?

No, it isn't. Brltty plays a very short alert tune when you do something like
try to move off the edge of the screen, but the normal case is for it to be
silent.

Some braille devices, e.g. the Alva BC6nn series, have a menyu setting to turn
on/off sound when keys are pressed. What type of braille device are you using?

>My brltty version is 5.4, I've tested it in android 5 and 6.

You could, of course, try upgrading to 5.6 but I doubt that'd fix your problem
since I don't think brltty is causing it.

On a different note: Since you have an Android 6 device, perhaps you can help
us with another issue. I need someone who can test an issue on Android 6 who
also can capture a log and send it to me. Do you know how to capture the
Android system log (e.g. with adb logcat)?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |