[BRLTTY] Brltty beep on android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jun 24 11:10:10 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by payman shaykhmehdi on 2018/06/24 at 11:17 +0430]

>Actually I'm using a new braille device that I'm working on it. I've
>developed it's driver, and I do nothing with sound settings there. Also
>I've tested it in a raspberry pi device (Raspbian) and there is no problem
>there.

Then I have no idea regarding why you're getting beeps. Could you please set
brltty's Log Level to Debug, capture a log when it's beeping, and send it to
me.

>>On a different note: Since you have an Android 6 device, perhaps you can
>>help
>>us with another issue. I need someone who can test an issue on Android 6
>>who
>>also can capture a log and send it to me. Do you know how to capture the
>>Android system log (e.g. with adb logcat)?
>
>Sure, I'll do that.

Thanks. We have a user with an Andriod 6 device who can't use a new (in 5.6)
brltty feature. Since it's difficult for her to capture the Android log, I'd
appreciate it very much if you could install brltty 5.6 on your Android 6
device and do this for us.

In brltty 5.6, you'll see a braille device status notification that it
maintains. If you open the Notifications Shade and tap on brltty's
notification, you'll get to brltty's Actions Screen. When she taps on most of
the actions, e.g. Browse Web Site, brltty crashes. It's the log for that crash
that I'd sure like to see.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |