[BRLTTY] passdots and manual

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jun 24 11:19:56 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Brian Tew on 2018/06/24 at 08:07 -0500]

>What is passdots exactly.

It's for sending braille dot combinations - usually for the keys of a braille
keyboard as the user is typing - to brltty. PASSCHAR delivers a text character
and PASSDOTS delivers a braille dot combination. When PASSDOTS is used, brltty
has settings to either translate it into an actual braille cell character or
(the default) to translate it to the corresponding text character based on the
current text table.

>I cannot find it in the 5.6 manual.

The manual is somewhat out-of-date. If you'd like a full command list then run
the (new) brltty-lscmds command. It's data comes from brltty's internal tables
so it's always up-to-date.

It's output is in .rst (reStructured Text) format. If you'd like an HTML copy
(still a single file) then run it through rst2html.

>Is the 5.6 manual available as a single file? I can grep easier than I can mind-meld. smile

Yes, at: http://brltty.app/doc/Manual-BRLTTY/English/BRLTTY.txt

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |