[BRLTTY] Compile for Windows on Linux

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Mar 1 15:41:11 EST 2018

Rob, on jeu. 01 mars 2018 14:35:07 -0600, wrote:
> Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> > I'd use a VM too.  It is possible to install a cross-build toolchain,
> > but unless your Linux distribution provides it already, it's very hairy
> > to setup.
>
> I've got a regular toolchain set up of course. Then I found this thing called mingw. Apparently you extract it and then you direct your makefile to the extracted complete toolchain, set up in something like
> /opt/mingw32
> or similar. This apparently has all the libraries and such you need.

Then probably it is a matter of pointing brltty's configure to the
proper paths & compilers etc.  We have never done this for windows so
you're a bit on your own on this one :)  We however are used to
cross-compiling for MS-DOS, so you could find useful guidelines in
Documents/README.DOS' "Building BRLTTY" section.

Samuel