[BRLTTY] [OT] Re: How doyou read books?

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Sun Mar 4 15:26:54 EST 2018

Dear Aura,

Many thakns for your very interesting answer!

Along time ago I also started to write a program to read books on my
braille device. The program was written in OCaml and its ideas were very
close to what you describe. Unfortunately I didn't maintain it and since
it seems less advanced than yours, I wouldn't mind at all giving it up
to collaborate with you.

This program I wrote was called bless. This had two meanings. First it
was meaning braille-less, so a version of less but made
braille-friendly. Second bless like in blessing, because I saw it as a
blessing to be able to read comfortably.

If there are no secrets in your code, would you mind making it available
on GitHub?

It would also be nice if you could bemore precise about the kind of
improvemnets you would like to see in BrlAPI regarding the handling of
keys and commands.

Best wishes,

Shérab.