[BRLTTY] How do you read books?

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 09:36:53 EST 2018

Hi folks,

I'm replying to a post from a couple days ago so I hope my foot isn't too
far in my mouth.

I spent about ten years developing a Bash script to display text files with
a particular emphasis on Braille. It's called lb--Less with Bookmarks.
Current version is 0.45 Beta (10MAR2013). It's been in beta so long because
it's used by only a few people so can't really be considered heavily tested.
It has as many bells and whistles as I've been able to dream up, such as
automatically displaying brf/brl files in 6-dot Braille, separate bookmarks
for each user, dealing with improperly formatted files, working with
Unix/Windows/Mac files, man pages for each of the executables, heavily
commented Bash source, and lots more.

I'm eager to send the zip (.tar.bz2) file to anyone who wants it. Just write
to leemer1 at comcast.net.

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll