[BRLTTY] Compiling BRLTTY for Android on Windows

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Thu Mar 8 18:08:56 EST 2018

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2018/03/08 at 17:48 -0500]
>
> Hi:
>
> >To be fair, tcl (and therefore tclsh) is not installed by default on
> >some distros either.  ;-)
>
> But that's only needed for autogen. People who do autogen tend to be
> developers. Those who use the provided tarballs don't need tcl.

Sure. Still, there is a fair amount of packages you need installed
before you can build the tarball. Doing an extra package install for
cmake isn't that big an hurdle.

Converting the build system to cmake is, in my opinion, the actual
issue. Someone really passionate about cmake would have to contribute
the migration work and demonstrate its benefits, and I know that won't
be me.

Nicolas