[BRLTTY] Update ViaVoice

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Mar 9 07:22:16 EST 2018

[quoted lines by Rob on 2018/03/08 at 16:57 -0600]

>To my knowledge, the Linux version of ViavVoice no longer exists.

Yes, that, too, is my understanding. It seems to have disappeared a long time
ago.

>It is now voxin, and can be found, by default, in /opt/IBM/ibmtts

I can't find a package by either name on my system. Do you know of a
distribution that has it? If so, which distribution and what's the package
name? Maybe someone could send me a copy.

>Should BRLTTY be updated to look there by default, now?

Yes, but I'd prefer to have it installed before changing anything so that I can
test my work.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |