[BRLTTY] Feature request: configurable prompt pattern

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Mar 14 12:18:34 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2018/03/13 at 22:10 -0400]

I accidentally lost a quote that I wanted to challenge. It was something like:

>With great power comes great responsibility (complexity).

I agree with the first part, but not with the second. In other words, I don't
equate responsibility with complexity. Let's look at an example. As a parent, I
indeed have a great responsibility insofar as raising our children is
concerned. Does that justify me making the principles by which they're to live
be complex? No way! I do my best to make things as easy for them to understand
and grasp since that maximizes their ability to remember and easily apply them,
and, therefore, to be able to grow up properly.

I also disagree wth applying a truism for people to non-people. Software, after
all, isn't responsible for anything. Those who implement software, however, are
indeed responsible for what their software does, how it works, etc. Doing all
they can to ensure that those who use their software get into as little trouble
as possible is the responsibility of those who've been granted the power of
providing software that others use.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |