[BRLTTY] can u bail me out again?

Brian Tew montanalag at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:31:13 EDT 2018

Hi Dave,
I wasn't too worried as I can ssh into the pc with my ipad.
And apt-get is sooo easy.

You are exactly right about the /etc/brltty/Input.
A slew of ktb files are in /etc/brltty though.

I am trying to figure how to get them where they belong.
ktb files are the key bindings I hope?

On Mar 21, 2018, at 10:32 AM, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

[quoted lines by Brian Tew on 2018/03/21 at 10:12 -0500]

> Well I couldn't get 5.6 to work, so I uninstalled 5.6

Without knowing exactly how you tried to do it, it's not possible to advise on
what might've gone wrong. I don't like theorizing as I could easily be wrong
and end up making misleading statements.

> and 5.3.1 both

That's definitely something I'd have advised against doing. I don't think one
should ever deliberately eliminate a decent fallback alternative.

> and recompiled 5.6 as root. It still did not work. No braille came to my hims
> u2.

Again, we need to know exactly what you did.

> Sooo I did make uninstall then apt-got brltty again.
> Yikes, now is says " no key bindings " and my braille keys have no effect.

That means that the key tables (probably /etc/brltty/Input/) aren't there.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |