[BRLTTY] Question about Supported Braille Displays

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Mar 27 10:19:38 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Kihoon Ahn on 2018/03/21 at 19:55 -0400]

>I am planning to purchase "HIMS Smart Beetle Bluetooth USB UltraPortable
>Braille Display Keyboard" (https://www.enablemart.com/
>smart-beetle-braille-display?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl7S1y77-2QIVT4J-
>Ch1fSQWKEAkYBCABEgI51vD_BwE). It seems that this product is not supported
>by BRLTTY. Could anybody please check if the product is supported braille
>display or not?

She, too, believes that you're referring to the traditional Smart Beetle, so,
yes, it's supported. The error may have been mine in having neglected to list
the Smart Beetle as one of the supported HIMS models on brltty's web page. This
has now been corrected.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |