[BRLTTY] FS: Alva Delphi 480 MM $200

Rob captinlogic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 20:09:42 EDT 2018

This unit is an 80 cell braille display which has parallel and serial interfaces. To make it work on modern OS versions, a USB to serial adapter (included) will be required. I'll also include the correct serial cable.
Dot 2 in cell 40 is permanently stuck in the up position. Some of the dots are phantoms, but they still are strong, you just have to run your finger over them to get them to lie flat. I think a professional cleaning would probably fix that, however.
This unit was not designed to run off a battery; it is run solely off electricity.
It will make a good workstation display, which is what I used it for until I got a more modern unit. BRLTTY likes it, on both Windows and Linux.
I'm asking two hundred dollars plus fifteen dollars shipping. I originally paid 800 for the thing. If interested, let me know.