[BRLTTY] HumanWare/Braillant question

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon Nov 19 14:45:37 EST 2018

Here's an article that might answer some of your questions about me:

https://thenewstack.io/nicolas-pitre-inspiration-linux-world/

Blindness is certainly a major obstacle to many things in life, but in
many cases it is not the only one. Just like for sighted people, you
first need to find what your topics of interest are, and leverage them.

One of my best friend, who also happens to be one of the original BRLTTY
co-authors, has been completely blind since birth. This didn't stop him
from doing woodwork with serious power tools, or from playing with all
sorts of microcontrollers to create toy projects like laser-based wall
finders, etc. You may read about his talking multimeter here:

https://github.com/sdo9/talking-multimeter

So it really depends on what your interests are more than blindness, just
like it is for sighted people. If you discover a passion for something,
then exploit it and don't let others bring you down just because you are
blind. Conversely, if you feel you are genuinely inadequate at something,
it is most likely that you would have been inadequate even if you were
sighted. We all have different talents.