[BRLTTY] BRLTTY for Android - Unable to enter device pin using BRLTTY Input Service

Siena Trigiani siena.trigiani at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 14:51:12 EDT 2018

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are all having a great weekend!

I've been experiencing this issue since I started using BRLTTY for Android,
but I thought I'd enquire on the list and see if perhaps any of you may
have a few pointers:

On both my Android phone and my tablet, I have set a device pin that I have
to enter in order to unlock the device. When I reboot the device, and
BRLTTY turns on, I am able to click on the Unlock button, after which I'm
taken to the screen where I enter my device pin code. I am able to enter
the code by navigating to each digit and clicking on each digit with the
2nd cursor routing button on my display. However when I try to type in the
pin code using my Braille keyboard and the BRLTTY Input Service, the code
won't register. On the other hand, with a physical qwerty keyboard,  I am
able to enter the pin and unlock the devices no problem. I'm curious as to
whether there's something I need to do on my end in order to be able to
enter my pin using my Braille keyboard? If not, is this something that
could be implimented in a future release of BRLTTY?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance!

Kind regards,

Siena.