[BRLTTY] USB not registering

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Apr 21 21:07:52 EDT 2019

[quoted lines by Rob on 2019/04/21 at 19:21 -0500]

>I ordered an OTG cable with a micro male and mini male.

That kind of cable is confusing. Which end of it chas the OTG plug?

The only way to be absolutely sure that you have the right kind of OTG cable is
for it to have a micro OTG male and a standard host female. Then you'd connect
your Braille Sense cable into that standard host female just as if you were
plugging it into your computer or laptop.

>The micro end has 2 bumps on the plug end, the part that goes in the phone. The cable that came with the phone doesn't have these bumps. What do you call the cable that doesn't have the bumps?

Micro USB males always have two bumps. It's just that, on some, they get bent
close enough to the connector that they become hard to feel. If it really feels
flat then the connector may fit too loosely and not be very usable.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |