[BRLTTY] Braille Display

Justin Cunningham just1brill at outlook.com
Fri Dec 13 13:06:49 EST 2019

I am from Ireland, entering the BT Young Scientist competition!

One possibility would be for your prototype to implement an existing
protocol. That way it would be supported out of the box but I don't know
whether that's allowed or not.

There are no rules against something like that. Would you be talking about the Microsoft/Apple USB protocol, or are there others? If I may mention, I was going to modify code that was said to be already compatible with Screen Readers/Braille Translation software: https://github.com/ChrisUlbi/BrailleDisplay/tree/master/Software/Firmware/Braille_Firmware and https://hackaday.io/project/26331-development-of-a-refreshable-braille-display

I’m not sure if I’m replying properly because I never got your reply and only seen this in the daily summary. Thanks for your response though!

Thanks,
Justin