[BRLTTY] Start & stop BRLTTY with Tasker on Android

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Sat Jul 20 16:47:07 EDT 2019

I frequently need to start and stop the BRLTTY service on my Android
device. I thought I could use Tasker, an Android automation tool, for
that. My approach is to make a widget on the start screen that toggles
BRLTTY on/off. However, it seems that I cannot find the BRLTTY service
from within Tasker, and so I'm not able to instruct Tasker to interact
with it.

I googled start/stop TalkBack with Tasker, and stumbled over this
atricle:

  <https://www.inclusiveandroid.com/content/toggle-talkback-or-hardware-button-using-tasker>

Does anyone happen to know if it simply isn't possible to do such tasks without a rooted device?

Thanks - Lars