[BRLTTY] Focus 40 5th Gen

Koen Vranken koen at vranken.org
Tue Jul 30 13:06:31 EDT 2019

On 30/07/19 17:55, S. Massy wrote:
> Hello,
> It looks like it might be time for me to move on to a new braille
> display. Currently, the Focus 40 Blue 5th Gen is at the top of my list of
> candidates. It this display supported by BRLTTY? Looking at the list of
> supported models, I only see Focus and Focus 2 mentioned. I do 90% of my
> computing under Linux, so strong support is critical.
>
> Also, does anybody have any general comments, positive or negative,
> regarding this display?

AFAIK it is supported:
https://brltty.app/doc/KeyBindings/brl-fs-focus_small.html

My wife had the chance to test it for a short time and in general was
positive about the quality of the display.

However we wanted to use it with an Android phone and there it depends
very much how accessible the applications are.

If you want I can put you in touch with her so she can tell you more
about her experience with the focus blue.

regards,
Koen