[BRLTTY] Building BRLTTY Python bindings on Windows

Leonard de Ruijter alderuijter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 09:52:07 EDT 2019

Dear developers,

For the NVDA screen reader, we're currently in the process of porting it
to Python 3.7. For years, we included brlapi0.5x, but that one is pretty
old.

Looking at our upgrade possibilities, I noticed that the bindings are
currently only available for Python 3.6. What would be the best way to
build Python 3.7 bindings on Windows, without too much hazard?
Unfortunately, Windows documentation is pretty limited.

If there could be an official build for Python 3.7 from the BRLTTY
project itself, that would be awesome.

Kind regards,

Leonard de Ruijter