[BRLTTY] Building BRLTTY Python bindings on Windows

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jun 22 16:17:47 EDT 2019

[quoted lines by Leonard de Ruijter on 2019/06/04 at 15:52 +0200]

>For the NVDA screen reader, we're currently in the process of porting it to
>Python 3.7. For years, we included brlapi0.5x, but that one is pretty old.
>
>Looking at our upgrade possibilities, I noticed that the bindings are
>currently only available for Python 3.6. What would be the best way to build
>Python 3.7 bindings on Windows, without too much hazard?

I haven't answered for a while as I was hoping that someone much more familiar
with Windows than I am would. In any event, I have what may well be a stupid
question. Is there enough difference between Python 3.6 and 3.7 that it'd
actually make a difference?

>If there could be an official build for Python 3.7 from the BRLTTY project
>itself, that would be awesome.

I suppose there could be, but having a separate build for each different
release of each dependency would very quickly become unmanageable. What actual
problem(s) are you encountering?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |