[BRLTTY] Help request for ALVA 544 Satellite Traveler

Mohammadreza Rashad mohammadreza5712 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 08:16:02 EDT 2019

Hello again,
I have another difficulty with that known ALVA 544 Satellite Traveler
braille display.
I have received the mentioned unit with an Acer laptop running Windows
7 x86 SP1. I should set up the laptop to use the braille display, but
I have no success.
I connect the ALVA using USB, as I successfully connected it before to
my Windows 10 x64 computer, and install and set BRLTTY to use the ALVA
via USB. Then I run NVDA and chose BRLTTY as braille display; but I
just see the "Waiting for connection..." message on the display.
I even found the ALVA driver on the laptop and installed it on both
JAWS and NVDA; but again the braille display doesn't function.
I send the debug.log and brltty.conf files for your examination
     Thanks in advance for your help,

--
     Best wishes,
     Mohammadreza Rashad