[BRLTTY] Accessible metronome program

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Sat Sep 28 15:45:48 EDT 2019

On Sat, 28 Sep 2019, Shérab wrote:

> Hi,
>
> S. Massy (2019/09/23 08:21 -0400):
> > On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 10:06:57AM +0200, Shérab wrote:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > Is anybody aware of an accessible (console-based) metronome program?
> > Depends on the level of features you're after.
>
> It can be low tech, I'm okay with that.

If you have sox installed, you may try:

play -n synth sine 440 synth 0 0 0 1 2 8 trapezium amod 1.8

Here the  1.8 is the number of beats per second which is equivalent to
108 bpm.

The 440 is the frequency of the tone. You may replace the "sine 440"
with "noise" if you prefer a drum-like sound instead.

Nicolas