[BRLTTY] Crashing problem in Gnome: might be BRLTTY related

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.org
Fri Apr 3 12:46:14 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I've just installed Gnome 3 on my Debian Buster machine. I am using BRLTTY5.6, a Focus 40 and no speech. There seems to be problems with using Braille, so i
thought you on BRLTTY might have some ideas. The
screenreader Orca,  uses brlapi. When I first boot up Gnome works, but at times the Braille display gets stuck and doesn't show anything new, just the same thing
constantly. If I switch to another console and then back to tty1 The Braille display acts as if the USB connection had been disabled. It doesn't even have blanks
or a cursor. When I switch to a different console it first shows BRLTTY5.6 After a while it will show the prompt for the console and also a kernel mesage saying
"No irq handler for vector". Does this mean a problem with X or Gnome, such as a missing component? It's not a BRLTTY problem, but you are the experts on Braille.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer