[BRLTTY] Brltty Broken on Arch

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Apr 19 18:35:36 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by Rob on 2020/04/19 at 17:01 -0500]

>I just installed arch linux today.
>When I booted into the installed system, it whined that it could not find libpolkit. So I installed that.
>Now it's crying because it can't find libbluetooth
> brltty: error while loading shared libraries: libbluetooth.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>Bluez does not provide this. There is no package libbluetooth in the arch repos.
>Do I need to manually compile blrtty for arch?

The short answer is "yes". That's what configuring is all about. One can't
assume that an executable built for one environment will just work in another.
So I wouldn't call it either "whining" or "crying", therefore - it's just
stating the facts.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |