[BRLTTY] Custom text table on Android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 8 12:06:49 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by Frans-Willem Post on 2020/08/08 at 17:39 +0200]

>I have put the nl.ttb file in this folder and tried and tried again. I
>still get the default 'nl' behaviour.

Did you try rebooting, just in case that matters? All you should need to do is
switch to a different table and back again, but it wouldn't hurt to test
rebooting.

>Does the folder need special permissions?

It needs to be world-readable. So does the file.

>Can I check whether BrlTTY actually reads the .ttb-file?

Yes, if you're able to get the device's log. If you can, then set brltty's Log
Level to Debug, do what you think is necessary to get brltty to read the table,
and then look through the log for references to its name.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |