[BRLTTY] Making postmarketOS blind-accessible

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 19 16:15:49 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by Rich Morin on 2020/08/19 at 12:37 -0700]

>To be clear, I don't expect that the base postmarketOS releases will ever
>contain these packages.

But it wouldn't hurt to "gently" pursuade them.

>feel free to contact me off-list with comments, suggestions, etc.

It'de be very cool for the kernel to have suppport for all known USB-to-serial
adapters, plus any indirectly needed serial support, enabled. That way, those
with older braille devices that only have a serial port would benefit for the
mere extra cost of the adpater cable. Sure would beat having to purchase a
newer braille device.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |