[BRLTTY] German users: no-break space and dot 7?

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Fri Dec 4 17:35:59 EST 2020

Hi, Mario!

I'm curious ablut your request. In Norway the braille authority group is discussing if we should define no-breaking space to zero dots. When you read a web page, for instance, a sighted person does not distinguish between space and no-breaking space. Why would a braille reader like to distinguish between these characters?

The Norwegian braille table for BRLTTY, no-generic.ttb, has defined no-breaking space as an alias for space.

I'd appreciate if you could explain why you want to define the character to a representation other than zero dots.

Thanks in advance,
Lars