[BRLTTY] Are changes needed for systemd 247.1?

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Dec 6 14:49:11 EST 2020

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2020/12/06 at 13:48 -0500]

>> Your udev rules look good. Is the kernel log showing a USB disconnect?
>
>Apparently not. Here are the logs created by reconnecting the device while
>running systemctl -f.

i'm mystified, especially because you and Alexander are using the same version
of systemd. I think you said earlier that all this started happening when you
upgraded systemd. Is that right?

The natyure of the problem is that the brltty service instance that's
controllibng your device stays active as long as it's required, i.e. (in this
case) as long as the virtually created device unit depends on it. It seems that
this dependency isn't being maintained on your system, which, to me, is just
plain wrong.

Could you please attach the output of systemctl list-units?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |