[BRLTTY] Does BRLTTY support USB HID Braille Display Usage Page (HUTRR78)

Xuebing Wang xbing6 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 19:50:51 EST 2020

=> Do you know of any braille device which already supports it so that
software development can be tested?

Googles shows: Orbit Research announces support for the new USB HID
Standard for Braille Displays
https://www.orbitresearch.com/orbit-research-announces-support-for-the-new-usb-hid-standard-for-braille-displays/

I am in discussion with the author of this project BDIOHID, the author
says "all of my tests have been with a Windows 10 host running custom
HID Braille software that I can't release":
https://github.com/parkrrrr/bdio/discussions/13

BDIOHID is intermediary hardware sitting between Host (theoretically
can be Windows or Linux) and non-HUTRR78 braille device.

BDIOHID is the only braille display I am aware of (although virtual,
not physical) which claims to support HUTRR78, and it requires custom
HID Braille software.

Xuebing Wang